The Other Ones are coming to play our gig at the Hope & Anchor, Islington, this Saturday! We love them lots, so we asked them a 5 question interview so you can too call fall in love with them too ... and then come and see them playing excellent punkrock music this weekend!
1. For people who’ve not heard you play live before, what can we expect from you at the LOUD WOMEN gig?
A musical about an annoyed woman who is scared about almost being 30, fed up with sexism, wants to punch her boss, and just wants her girlfriend out of her head.
2 . What’s the most important thing we need to know about your band right now?
Two things – we have been very busy in the studio, and we are hoping to have some new sonic offering to release in the near future. Also, even more excitingly, our line-up has been embiggened by another guitar player. Expect double the noise.
3. If you could add any musician (live or dead) to your band lineup, who would it be?
Little Richard – he could play piano for us, plus Steph could steal his cool suits!
4. Pass the mic – who are your top 3 contemporary bands?
- Fightmilk – their last album was just incredible – end to end bangers.
- Panic Pocket – They write the best songs ever, like sickeningly good.
- Shande – We have been lucky enough to play with them a couple of times this year, and they have the dreamiest sound.
5. Draw us a picture…
Ok, nobody drew a picture, so instead we have a pic of our cat Hobbes “helping” to rewire our pedalboard.