LOUD WOMEN is a group for all those who support putting women on stage, and turning up the volume. It’s a not-for-profit initiative run by Cassie Fox of I, Doris, with help from some brilliant friends.
“championing women in music through putting on great gigs with great people” – Parallel Magazine
“Fans of women-centric punk, rock and riot grrrl will heart this UK-based promoter.” – DIVA magazine
“important groups such as LOUD WOMEN are inspiring social change” – Kerrang!
LOUD WOMEN projects include:
- regular live music nights, featuring the best in all-woman and woman-fronted riot-pop-punk-rock-awesome
- A large and active main Facebook group for sharing ideas and news
- LOUD WOMEN Chapters around the world! New York, Los Angeles, Canada, Ireland and Australia
- LOUD WOMEN FEST – our annual festival, now in its 5th year
- LOUD WOMEN ezine – the latest music news delivered fresh in your inbox
- LOUD WOMEN Records – new releases planned for 2021
- LOUD WOMEN Playlist – a playlist of the talented bands and artists associated with LOUD WOMEN
In a band and think you’d fit in nicely on a LOUD WOMEN line-up?
Email us at LOUDWOMENclub@gmail.com
Here’s what the LOUD WOMEN themselves say about us …
“Awesome crowds, amazing bands and one of the most supportive promoters you’re likely to meet.” – Angela from Bugeye
“LOUD WOMEN is a long-overdue opportunity to enjoy fierce and feisty female-led music – and, for me, to take poetry to an audience of people who don’t usually like poetry.” – Janine Booth
“LOUD WOMEN showcases an array of women with something to say, something to play. Take it or leave, they’ll do it anyway. ” – Solange from Madame So
“Our fairy punk mothers” – Anya from Dream Nails
“Joyously rageful” – Janey from Dream Nails
“Absolutely lovely atmosphere!” – Molly from Crack Foxes
“Ass kicking bad ass taking it way beyond grrrrl power” – Louisa from Crack Foxes
“Real feminism and sisterhood in action with a rrriotous score.” – Diane Goldie