Featuring 4 of the top bands playing at this year’s LOUD WOMEN Festival
- Dream Nails – “punk witches from hell here to hex the patriarchy”: a London all-grrrl 4-piece who have established themselves as queens of the DIY punk scene in the 3 years since their first gig (which was also the first ever LOUD WOMEN event), fresh from storming sets at Rebellion and Boomtown Festivals.
- Ms Mohammed – “clit rock”: an awesome artist, recently featured in The Guardian following a stunning headline set at this year’s Decolonise Fest.
- You Want Fox – “a shot of adrenaline to the UK music scene”: a Nottingham duo playing ‘glamorous punk and sleazy garage’, hotly tipped.
- Guttfull – “dirty sax punx”: London’s queercore heroes – set to launch their debut album this Autumn.
The EP has received airplay by John Kennedy on Radio X. (Listen again here.)
Records will be available for sale at LOUD WOMEN Fest on 15 September at London’s The Dome, and thereafter via Rough Trade.
LOUD WOMEN: Volume One
Out now! A compilation album of 21 of the loudest women who’ve played our shows. All profits from the sale of the CD going to Women’s Aid.
“a FINE compilation” – Gideon Coe, playing the album on BBC 6 Music
“As a selection of exceptional songs, new voices, inspirational ideas and pointers for further listening, this CD makes the grade on all counts and politics and feminism are never far away.” – Bob Oram, The Morning Star
21 track CD with zine
£5 (plus £1.50 p&p)
- Dream Nails: DIY
- Bratakus: Pollution Evolution
- Petrol Girls: Touch Me Again
- Dolls: Audrey
- The Empty Page: Deeply Unlovable
- The Ethical Debating Society: Poor Liam
- Gladiators Are You Ready?: I Want to Love You
- deux furieuses: Out of My System
- Fight Rosa Fight!: Sick of You
- GUTTFULL: Keyboard Warrior
- Little Fists: Tyler is Not a Feminist
- The Potentials: Moloch
- Nervous Twitch: Something Wrong With Me
- IDestroy: IDestroy
- Madame So: Black is Beautiful
- Fightmilk: Chaperone
- Bugeye: Hey You
- Argonaut: Not Rich
- The Wimmins’ Institute: Nando’s
- Lilith Ai: Riot
- Janine Booth: Real Rape