Voodoo Radio are coming to play for us this Saturday at the Hope & Anchor! Here’s their 10 question interview …
1. For people who’ve not heard you play live before, what can we expect from you at the LOUD WOMEN gig?
3 minute raw energy pop songs played as fast as possible
2. Which is your favourite song to play and why? Tell us about it …
Our Fave song to play is ‘Basic Bitch’ as its all about equality and girl power!
3. Do some super-lazy journalism on our behalf please, and fill in the blanks:
“Our sound is like the lovechild of The Runaways and Blondie with a bit on the side from Love/Hate”
4. What’s your proudest musical moment to date?
Opening The Cornbury Festival this summer and being asked back for next year already!
5. Recommend a record you think our readers might not have heard of .
She’s An Angel – by LOVE/HATE theme tune from Nightmare on Elm Street – totally under rated band
6. One for the guitarists … bore us with the details of your set-up please
Gibson Les Paul Custom through any pedals we can get hold of through Vox and Marshall amps
7. What are the best/worst things about being in your band?
Best thing is theres only two of us creating a whole band sound. The worst part is packing up the gear in the van takes a lot longer than if we had a full band!
8. What are your band goals?
To be the biggest band on the planet.
9. What’s the most important thing we need to know about your band right now?
We have a great new single out called “Turn out the Light!”
10. Pass the mic – who are your top 5 contemporary bands
Royal Blood – They are epic we love their sound!
Slaves – Excellent Energy real Punk Rock.
Idles – Comedy Genius’, right on the money at the moment.
Sleigh Bells – Powerful and unpredictable in a good way.
The Gossip – Beth Ditto’s insane vocals.
Catch Voodoo Radio live this Saturday at The Hope & Anchor