1. Who would you most like to cover one of your songs?
or Kate Nash
2. If you could add one member to your band – any person, living or dead, musical or otherwise – who would it be, and what would they play?
Este Haim on bass, purely so we could compete at pulling unattractive faces on stage.
3. What was the last song you wrote, where were you when you came up with the idea, what inspired it, and how did it turn out?
The last song I wrote was ‘Only Child’. I wrote it in my bedroom, but I always save little snippet recordings of ideas on my phone like riffs and melodies. It’s a song about losing someone, so I guess that my experiences inspired me. We play it a lot now, I like it quite a lot, it’s pretty country.
4. Which was your favourite gig you’ve a) played and b) watched?
There’s been so many favourites! But we played at the Five Bells in November ’17 for SE14Girl, it was such a special show because everyone was going mad and they really got us. There was a real feeling of love and appreciation in the room.
My fave show I’ve seen is impossible to answer. Possibly watching Joan Jett play lead vocal and guitar for Nirvana at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame Induction. That was like having 100 dreams come true.
5. Recommend a record and a book that you think our readers might not have heard of.
Record – Sit Down – Cheap Luxe. Sit Down are an *A*mazing Brighton band, and they just brought out this banging EP! If you don’t know them, you should!
Book – Animal Behavior by Robert A. Wallace. It’s so bloody interesting!
6. What’s your best piece of advice for young musicians?
Make the music you want to make. It’s not an easy industry, so you’ve got to love it!
7. Your top 3 most beloved albums ever – go.
Kate Nash – Made of Bricks
Bright Eyes – I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning
Dixie Chicks – Taking The Long Way
8. What are your musical goals?
To make a living making music, and play all over the world.
9. What’s the most important thing we need to know about your band right now?
We’ve got a brand new EP called ‘Daughters of Daughters’, which we plan to tour this summer. We’re playing like crazy this year, so come join us!
10. Give your top 5 contemporary bands/musicians.
MUNA – Beautiful people making beautiful euphoric pop songs.
SOAK – Best bath time listening.
Rae Morris – One of the best live shows I’ve seen in a long time. Her voice is stunning, and her songs are intelligent and infectious.