Kingston’s finest, Brosephine, are treating us to a gig on their home soil this Saturday at The Fighting Cocks and we couldn’t be more excited to see this band again! So, we asked them 10 questions …
1. Who would you most like to cover one of your songs?
Josie: Sir Richard Cheese, of course.
Gilan: Brody Dalle.
2. If you could add one member to your band – any person, living or dead, musical or otherwise – who would it be, and what would they play?
Gilan: Sister Rosetta Tharpe. This woman really knew how to shred before it was a thing!
Josie: …Sir Richard Cheese.
3. If your music could have a superpower, what would it be?
Yasmin: The power to melt cheese!
Gilan: The power to make bad people turn into chips!
4. What’s best: playing a big venue full of strangers, or a small pub full of friends?
Gilan: Tough question! I like a venue full of strangers though, we get to play our music for people who haven’t heard it.
Josie: A big venue full of friends and strangers!
5. Recommend a record and a book that you think our readers might not have heard of.
Josie: ‘Boys Music Clothes’ by Viv Albertine (probably heard of by fans of LOUD WOMEN but definitely a necessary read).
Gilan: Go listen to Aldous Harding – Party!
6. One for the guitarists … bore us with the details of your set-up please.
Josie: Guitar: Ibanez AR220. Pedals: little big muff, cheap delay pedal, Boss ods2, Tomsline Mod, Vox Wah, and a Korg tuner.
7. What’s the best thing about being in your band?
Josie: Finding friendships I only thought existed in fiction.
Gilan: Having bandmates that I can talk to ANYTHING about (no really, ANYTHING)
8. What are your band goals?
Gilan: I’d like us to write some of the most delicious riffs known to human kind that somehow bring about world peace.
Josie: to play some festivals and total world domination!
9. What’s the most important thing we need to know about your band right now?
We just released a video for ‘Clean’ off our ‘It Doesn’t Matter’ EP.
10. Give your top 5 contemporary bands
ARXX – They just came in and blew our minds with one of their first gigs. Definitely ones to watch!
Tokyo SexWail – This lot put on a ruddy good show, weaving poetry in and out of everything.
BirdeatsBaby – Goth, cabaret, metal, prog rock and folk all mushed into one saucy mess!
Callow Saints – The lead singer’s stage presence is divine!
Charmpit – The friendliest way of hexing the patriarchy!
Comments are closed.