Anarchistwood are coming to play with us on Saturday, in Kingston. Who even knows what'll happen?? We asked Funkcutter 10 questions for starters ...
1.Who would you most like to cover one of your songs?
A couple of our songs have been covered by Hortordactyl which is how we met him through MySpace – remember that? He played guitar with us for a while after that in 2010ish – would like to hear Poisonous Cxnt cover ‘Bucketae Cuntae’ for the lols.
2. If you could add one member to your band – any person, living or dead, musical or otherwise – who would it be, and what would they play.
Prince – on all instruments!
3. If your music could have a superpower, what would it be?
Luka is answering this one as he asks me this dumb question all the time… it makes people wake the fuck up from the coma that this modern life is. . .
4. What’s best: playing a big venue full of strangers, or a small pub full of friends?
Strangers are just friends you haven’t met yet.
5. Recommend a record and a book that you think our readers might not have heard of.
Liber Null to awake your power… and Blind Man’s Penis by John Trubee – just to read his lovely words on the sleeve – he’s the real deal
6. One for the guitarists … bore us with the details of your set-up please.
Telecaster with big muff played through a ampeg bass amp.
7. What’s the best thing about being in your band?
Meeting like-minded freaks and joining the sibling dots across the country and world. This is the community we are involved in.
8. What are your band goals?
Making more music and videos and performing as an orchestra with as many players as possible. Play in more countries and with more bands internationally.
9. What’s the most important thing we need to know about your band right now?
You need to watch Bomb in a Luggage Rack, our newest pop video made by Lindsey Studholme, keep an eye out for one we are working on and look out for the anarchistwood slopumentary currently being put together by Zoe Rixon.
10. Give your top 5 contemporary bands
Poisonous Cxnt – cos they don’t give a fuck what you think.
Doghouse – reality check of lyrics and dance – politically switched on
Anthrax – killer shows supporting the scene always
Pussycat and the Dirty Johnsons – those cats got the cream
It’s too difficult to choose one another as there is so much good stuff everywhere… but I think I’ll say Slapper – as Art is Life