Launching on International Women’s Day 2022, LOUD WOMEN are proud to present our 4th compilation album. Featuring 22 bands, artists (and 1 poet) who have or will play LOUD WOMEN festival. All profits from the sale of the album will be donated to Women’s Aid.
Check out this tracklisting!
- Loud Women Reclaim These Streets
- Lambrini Girls Fuck Myself
- All Day Breakfast Cafe Old School Struggling
- Penfriend Seventeen
- BERRIES The Expert
- Fräulein Belly
- I, Doris In the Ladies
- Hadda Be Catch it on the Fall
- Piney Gir Astral Spectra
- SLANT Eat The Moon
- Gold Baby 2041
- Hannah Rose Kessler This Rose
- MIRI Trends
- Salad Things in Heaven
- Murder Club Cowboy Song
- Gilan Vampire
- Girls on Grass Who’s Gonna Cry
- Charley Stone Does She Mention Me?
- Muddy Summers and the Dirty Field Whores A Woman Walks into a Bar
- Alice Nicholls Man in the Machine
- Arch Femmesis Kali
- Fran Isherwood If in Doubt, Use a Motto
Lead track ‘Reclaim These Streets’ was released in summer 2021, in the wake of the deaths of Blessing Olusegun and Sarah Everard. The song was written by LOUD WOMEN’s founder, Cassie Fox, with a spoken word/rap section written and performed by Brix Smith. Instrumentation is provided by a female and non-binary supergroup with members of My Bloody Valentine, Salad and T-Bitch. In all, 64 voices on this anthem, dubbed a “feminist Band Aid”. The final voice on the song is that of Siobhan Fahey (Bananarama/Shakespears Sister)
LOUD WOMEN hopes to turn up the volume on current discussions on the issue of women’s safety. As the song says, “Until every woman is safe to walk on every street”.