I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who’s supported LOUD WOMEN’s fundraising single for Women’s Aid, ‘Reclaim These Streets’ so far. Since launching on 14 May, the song has:
- reached number 3 in the iTunes UK Alternative Music chart
- reached number 44 in the main iTunes chart
- been played many times on Radio X (“the Big One” on John Kennedy’s show!); BBC 6 Music (thank you Gideon Coe and Tom Robinson); BBC Surrey, Sussex, Kent and Norfolk; the Hello Goodbye and Artrocker shows on Resonance FM; The Other Womxn Show on Soho FM, Whaley FM, BCB Radio, the West Malvern Social Club podcast, the 157 show, WTSQ radio in West Virginia, Boogaloo radio, That Verbally Withdrawn Music Blog podcast, Cidade das Mulheres in Brazil, Forest FM, Peppermint Iguana, Donald Strachan, Deep Cuts on Sheffield live, ShoutOut radio, Phoenix FM
- been featured on God Is In The TV, Everett True’s blog (“single of the year”), Louder Than War, the Von Pip Musical Express, Lock Magazine, Our Sound Music, IPA Music, Organ Magazine, Tinnitist, She17, Kitmonsters, Joyzine, Circuit Sweet, Hiapop, Repeat fanzine, Upset magazine, Raw Meat, Analogue Trash, Get in Her Ears, Organ Zine, Vive Le Rock, Rocklands TV, You Call That Radio blog and Belle About Town.
- received support from the world of politics – social media support from the Green Party’s Natalie Bennett, and Waltham Forest Borough Council!
- had shout outs from superstars Tim Burgess of The Charletans, Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine
- and of course the amazing team at Women’s Aid have been supporting us along the way
Phew. What have I missed?!
Look out this week for interviews on London Live TV, more play on Tom Robinson’s show, a group interview on You Call That Radio TV … and who knows what else the week will bring. What a ride!
Let’s keep it going! Keep downloading, buying and streaming the song from HERE