DIY punk witches Dream Nails have scooped the 2019 LOUD WOMEN Hercury Prize for their album ‘Take Up Space’ – available on Bandcamp.
The prize was announced in a ridiculous DIY ceremony broadcast on Facebook live, by Cassie and her son Dylan.
The Hercury Prize is judged by Team LOUD WOMEN, who whittled down a Top 12 from nearly one hundred albums by UK-based self-identified female and non-binary artists released in the twelve months from July 2018: that’s albums released on any format, with any level of industry distribution. This year’s shortlist was:
- Big Joanie – Sistahs (Nov, 2018)
- Brix & the Extricated – Breaking State (Oct, 2018)
- Desperate Journalist – In Search of the Miraculous (Feb, 2019)
- Dream Nails – Take Up Space (Jan, 2019)
- Neneh Cherry – Broken Politics (Oct, 2018)
- Grace Petrie – Queer as Folk (Sept, 2018)
- Little Simz – Grey Area (March, 2019)
- Muncie Girls – Fixed Ideals (Aug, 2018)
- Petrol Girls – Cut and Stitch (May, 2019)
- Queen Zee – Queen Zee (Feb, 2019)
- She Makes War – Brace for Impact (Oct, 2018)
- Trash Kit – Horizon (Jul, 2019)
Dream Nails accepted their award on tour in Madrid!
Comments are closed.