The 6th LOUD WOMEN Fest will be held on 2+3 September 2022, at 229 in Central London.
The festival has grown year on year, to become the largest female-led festival in the UK, attracting performers and attendees from around the world, and securing LOUD WOMEN’s position as the leading international showcase for female and non-binary alternative bands and artists in the grassroots/DIY music scene. Check out coverage of LOUD WOMEN Fest 5 in Kerrang! and NME.
With additional support, our 2022 festival will be the biggest yet – spanning two days – and more accessible than ever. Watch this space …
Applications for bands to play are open now, via the form below only. Please read the following before applying:
- Applications are welcome from alternative/punk/indiepop bands powered by women or non-binary artists. No all-cis-male bands thanks. Check out our previous lineups to get a feel for the kind of music we like.
- POC and queer artists are prioritised. Our festival is founded on the principles of intersectional feminism.
- DIY bands and artists are prioritised. No enquiries from booking agents thanks.
- Artists selected to play LOUD WOMEN Fest 6 will receive support and promotion (press and radio) leading up to the festival. We like to work closely with bands who share our ethos of community and scene-building.
- The festival is a not-for-profit event, but all acts are paid, at a rate commensurate with DIY festivals of this kind (varies between £50 for solo artists, average £100 for bands, with slightly higher fees to be offered for headliners and non-UK bands). Accommodation may also be provided for international bands.
- Full backline will be provided, along with delicious vegan catering and a sick green room.
- The application window closes Feb 2022, but early applications will be given preference.
- Still with us? Great! Get applying …
Keep in touch on our socials for other opportunities to get your voices heard.
In the meantime, a little reminder of just how amazing our previous Fests have been …