Jemma Freeman and the Cosmic Something ‘s latest single Helen is a Reptile is out now, and you can bid for a copy of a very special edition vinyl pressing in aid of a cause close to Loud Women’s hearts and minds, Music Support UK.
Each 7” single could be described much like a Masterchef dish as vinyl served three ways! Each disc has been hand lathe-cut in real time by Brightons 3.45 vinyl. There is a mixture of clear and black vinyl and the run out groove is engraved with Teabar records Berties’ catch phrase and mantra for life “Take it easy, but take it!”
The charity copies are available to bid for from Thursday 00:00 until 23:59 and the winners notified and announced on Friday 3rd May.
The band are raising money and awareness for Music Support –a registered charity founded and run by people from the UK music industry, for individuals in any area of the UK music industry suffering from mental, emotional and behavioural health disorders. Jemma says:
As a band we feel strongly about raising awareness and understanding of mental health issues on both a personal and structural level within music. It’s important the conversations about mental health can be continued and that practical help is available at the point of crisis and training given to help educate others. A lot of the content of the Cosmic Something deals with mental health issues, specifically Helen is Reptile which deals with intrusive thoughts and suicidal ideation. Members have benefited from the help of music charities to enable us to continue working as musicians so Music Support seemed like the perfect cause.
- There are ten 7” singles available to buy online via this blind auction
- The ten largest bids submitted to the auction will be the winners
- You can only bid once in this auction, but if you’re interested in buying multiple copies please also say how many you’d like to buy at the price you bid. If your bid ends up in the top 10 we’ll try to accommodate your request for multiple copies, subject to availability.
- Auction begins at midnight on 2nd May and ends at 23:59 (UK time) the same day. Bids received outside of these times will not be entered into the auction.
- Send your bid to us in a private message via the JF&TCS Facebook page. All bids received via other means (public comments on fb posts, email, other social media, carrier pigeon) will not be entered into the auction.
- Bids must be placed in £GBP.
- JF&TCS will keep the retail price of the single to cover manufacturing costs (£10), plus P&P expenses from each winning bid. The rest of the money bid will be donated to Music Support
- All bids placed are binding commitments to pay the price bid for one copy of the 7” single. Please don’t bid more than you’re prepared to pay
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible via email after the auction ends. We’ll also send you a PayPal invoice for the amount bid so you can pay for your 7”.
- The names of the winners will be published by JF&TCS in a FB post as soon as possible after the auction ends, once sales have been finalised (unless you prefer to remain anonymous – please let us know if so)
- Good luck everyone!